Mandatory remote work has been rolled out all over the world due to Coronavirus and here at Tempohousing we are no different.
It might be for an extended period of time rather than a day or two here and there but we’re all in this together and we will get through it.
So, whether you’re a master at working from home or pretty new to all this, here’s some tips you can try to help you continue to be as productive as you would be if you were in the office.
- Make a to do list the night before to keep motivated
- Have regular short breaks
- Avoid snacking and drink plenty of water
- Get ready in the morning as if you are going to work, get out of those pjs and put some clothes on, try to stay in that routine
- Do at least 20 minutes of physical exercise each day, excellent for mental health
- Have a work group such as a “Whats App” group so you can still feel connected even though you may be miles apart, this will help to keep the lines of communication open
- Take up a hobby you always wanted to do but never had the time, for example, learning to play a musical instrument or learning to knit, practice on your breaks
- Invest in some comfortable office furniture
- If at home with the children, create a schedule for them too and alternate shifts with your partner
- Stay off social media as it can be too distracting and you can lose some valuable hours online
- Avoid watching too much news
- At the end of the day turn off your computer, close the door and mentally switch off from work
We hope these tips help you on your journey working from home. Although we are currently on lockdown and not getting out to socialise, try to remember we are not stuck at home, we are “Safe at Home” All the best everyone, may you all have fantastic, productive days in these coming weeks working from home.